So Thursday and Friday were two of the best days I've ever had with my new class!!!
I was finally able to let some things go so that I could prevent some battles with my little four year old. At one point on Thursday, he started throwing toys and telling me he hated me. I said "That's okay, but I love you!" He stopped and looked at me really weird. Then he started cleaning up his mess! :) YAY!
Friday, I kept laughing with this same child you brought me to tears everyday. We actually had fun together. Now, don't get me wrong, he still had a few of his moments, but I was finally able to keep it under control and he never got that upset. I stayed happy and positive (a little frustrated, but positive). I hope this continues.
I spent 3 hours yesterday rearranging my classroom. I think this will also help with the improving atmosphere of the class! :)
Today at church, I actually watched the kids everywhere and enjoyed it (instead of wishing they would just be quite). It was fun to watch the kids as they were driving their parents crazy and I could just sit back and chuckle! :)
Looking forward to this next week. I think this year, we are going to have Thanksgiving by ourselves. At first, I was very sad about this, but now I'm really looking forward to a nice relaxing day with my husband! Last year, we had about 12 people over for dinner and while it was fun, I was busy all day. Hope everyone has a great week and an even better Thanksgiving!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Awesome! I'm glad things are improving for you. I found this article online, thought it was interesting, and thought you might enjoy reading it. http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2008/11/14/preschool-children.html
Good luck with your class!
Thanks Jenn. Our curriculum is definitely not play-based so our children don't get enough practice with the social skills. I liked this article and I think I might even post it at work! Thanks so much!
Post a Comment