Wow, it has been FOREVER since I've updated. I remember why I stopped writing in a blog 5 years ago....I never kept up with it.
Anyway, instead of catching up all the way from what was the last post, hmmm, Thanksgiving? I'll just tell what's happened in the last week.
Sam graduated with his Master of Arts Degree last Friday! :) I'm so proud of him. He was a bit disappointed in his program but stuck with it so that he could be a proud A&M alumnus. We will be moving back to Indy in about a month so that Sam can start Law School in the fall at IU (downtown). It's going to be a tough few years, but I'll support him 100%.
Sam's family was here for graduation, his mom, grandma and brother Jon. Sam was like a little kid again and only wanted to hang out with his brother (they are only about a year apart). His mom kept joking, Why'd we even come? He only wants to be with Jon. LOL I had a good visit with his mom and grandma on Thursday since it was girls morning/afternoon. I don't think I've ever actually spent that much alone time with them.
As I said earlier, we're moving back to Indy in about 5 weeks so we've already started packing. We've barely made a dent yet we have 7 tubs of stuff packed and lots of our winter clothes (that we barely wore down in here in Texas) vacuum-packed. We're trying to do a little each week so it isn't so overwhelming the week of...I HATE packing. But I'm trying to be a lot more organized this time. We have a lot planned for our last few weeks here. Hopefully I can be better about updating even though we'll be busy.
I should get going now, it's almost time for me to leave for work. It's PIRATE week in my class and I'm totally pumped. I even made signs (burned the edges of the paper) for each of our play centers. So instead of block center, home center, library, or sand table we now have "Treasure Island", "Pirate's Cove", "Black Beard's Ship" and "Parrot Beach". I'm so excited. We're making bandanas, spyglasses, eye patches, parrots, etc. We're even going on a treasure hunt Thursday to find Black Beard's long lost treasure (lots of treasures buried in our outside sandbox). I feel like a kid again because I'm so excited for this week. Let's just hope the kids are well behaved! :) It's my last week with all of my current students (except the few who have already moved) and I want it to be so much fun! I'm going to miss all of them, they've all become so special to me...I even call them "My Kids" .
Have a great week everyone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Debbie!
I am so excited you are moving back. Do you know where you are going to live yet?
Good luck with packing!
Good to hear some news! Congrats to Sam! I am sure you'll be excited to be back home again:)
Post a Comment